By-District City Council Election System
Two (2) Public Hearings
During these public hearings, members of the public are encouraged to provide input and comments on the draft maps currently posted on www.DrawRedlands.org/draft-maps.html.
Past Public Hearing Dates:
Past Community Forum Dates:
Check out the Draft Maps here.
To submit a Map, follow the instructions here.
Many communities have at-large elections; others have district-based elections. The City of Redlands is changing to a district-based system in accordance with the California Voting Rights Act of 2001 and growing concerns about challenges to at-large election systems throughout the State.
"District-based elections" are a method of electing members to the City Council in which each candidate must reside within a specified election district and is elected only by voters residing within that election district.
Frequently Asked Questions - http://www.drawredlands.org/faq.html
For more information or to provide comments, please visit http://www.drawredlands.org/home.html
In the News:
- Redlands to Review Election System over Summer
- Redlands to Seek Consultant to Review By-District Election System
- Latino Rights Group Accuses Redlands of Violating California Voting Rights Act
- Redlands Hires Consultant to Review Change to District-Based Election
- Redlands to Hold Special Meeting on District-Based Elections
- How Redlanders Elect their City Officials is Going to Change
- How you can help create election districts in Redlands
- Here's how Redlands' residents can get involved in election mapping
- Redlands weighs in on draft maps for new district-based elections
- Redlands City Council to select from 3 council district boundary map new
- Redlands continues review of district elections maps new