Redlands Facebook

Redlands 311 App

Report Graffiti, Potholes, Illegal dumping and more!

Redlands' Best

Permits & Applications

Address Request

Request an address for new development.

  Address Request Application

Adult Oriented Business Regulatory Permit

Every person who proposes to maintain, operate or conduct an adult oriented business in the city shall file an application with the chief of police.

  Adult Oriented Business Regulatory Permit Form

Approved Consultants

  List of Approved Consultants

Architectural Guidelines

  View Guidelines

Certificate of Appropriateness (COA)

A COA is an application upon which the Historic and Scenic Preservation Commission makes a decision to alter, demolish, move, or subdivide a building/property which has been designated as a Landmark or Historic Resource by the City Council.  This means that any modification to the outside of the structure must be approved through this application.

  Certificate of Appropriateness Application


The demolition of buildings is subject to review by the Environmental Review Committee and/or the Historic and Scenic Preservation Committee.

  Application for Demolition

Development Application

  Click here for further information

  Development Application Form

Fee Schedule

  Click here for Fee Schedule

Historic Resource Designation

The Historic and Scenic Preservation Commission has the primary responsibility of making a recommendation to the City Council on the designation of an individual structure as a Historic Resource. A structure with esthetics, architectural or historical value which is fifty (50) years old or older may be designated as a Historic Resource. A structure with exceptional esthetics, architectural, or historical value may be designated as a Landmark Resource.

  Historic Resource Designation Application

Home Occupation Permit

A Home Occupation Permit allows people to conduct business out of their home under certain circumstances.  Any time you perform any work from your home or use your home address as the place of business, then you mush obtain a Home Occupation Permit.  This includes businesses such as painters, gardeners, or consultants who work at their clients homes.  In order to qualify for a Home Occupation Permit you must meet certain criteria.

  Home Occupation Permit Procedures

  Home Occupation Permit Application

Legislative Projects

  Click here for further information

  Legislative Projects Application

  Mills Act Application

Minor Exception Permit

A minor exception permit is necessary for fences, solar panels and vehicle/boat storage that does not conform to the Redlands Municipal Code.

  Minor Exception Permit Application

Newspaper Rack Placement Permit

  City of Redlands Municipal Code Information

  Newspaper Rack Placement Permit Application

Preliminary Review
  Preliminary Review Application

Reasonable Accommodation for Persons with Disabilities

The City of Redlands has established procedures to ensure that reasonable accommodations are made for persons with disabilities. Any person with a disability may submit an application for reasonable accommodation or variance from the requirements of City zoning or building codes by submitting an application to the city’s community development director who may deny, approve or conditionally approve the request or pass the request along to a designated city committee (Ord. 2656 § 1, 2007).

  Reasonable Accommodation for Persons with Disabilities Application


  Click here for further information about the sign code

  Application for Sign/Flag Test

  Sign Permit Application

  Temporary Sign Permit Application for Banners

  Downtown Business District Sign

  Click here for further information

  Downtown Business District Sign Application

Temporary Sales & Special Events Application

  Application for Temporary Sales and Special Events

Subdivision Map Act - Certificate of Compliance

Regulation and control of the design and improvement of subdivisions.

  Certificate of Compliance Application

Time Extension

You can apply for a time extension for the following permits: Commission Review and Approval, Conditional Use Permit, Tentative Tract Application and Minor Subdivision Application.

  Time Extension Application


Sometimes in developing a project an applicant may find that they cannot meet some development standard because of a unique or special condition that effects their property. For these types of situations a Variance Application can be submitted with the project.

  Click here for more information

  Variance Application









To Search Our Site

Call for Nominations

By District Voting

Social Media



City Calendar

City Hall is closed every
other Friday.  Check the
calendar for closed Fridays.

2016 City Hall Calendar

2017 City Hall Calendar

City Hall Hours:
7:30 am to 5:30 pm

Events Calendar


Market Night



Bike Lane Information

Click to view City of Redlands Bike Lane Information


No upcoming events

Redlands Twitter

Login page here.