City of Redlands Open Budget - "How to Use OpenGov"
Click to Access Interactive Budget Data at RedlandsCa.OpenGov.com
Tips on Using OpenGov.com:
- The portal allows you to explore budget and historical finances in a simple graphical user interface. The main view includes a chart or graph, a legend and various controls to view expenses by departments out of various funds.
- You can always access the portal by navigating to redlandsca.opengov.com
- To focus on specific data - like a fund, department, expense type, or any combination - look to the left and use the menu on the side panel.
- Check our the most frequently asked questions people had when using OpenGov for the first time.
- These selectors allow you to specify exactly what breakdown you want the graph or table to represent. When you select "Filtered By" the data filter pops up and allows you to turn on or turn off selected filters for that category - funds, departments, expense type:
This is the default view for the City's budget information:
Filters are the key to using this new tool:
There are five different types of visual representations of the data - an area graph, an area graph by percentage, a line graph, a pie chart and a table. You can change your view at any time by simply selecting the different type of representation. The data will automatically convert. These functions are on the top right:
You can also download the data into a .csv spreadsheet or a .png image, and you can share the data, in any view, on a social network or by email:
If you have questions or need additional information, please use the "Help" tab in the top right-hand corner of the screen:
- Police to conduct sobriety/driver license checkpoint
- History of Stater Bros. is topic for next Dessert and Dialogue
- Police Chief will hold town hall meeting live and on Facebook
- Fire knocked down quickly, damage limited to garage
- Two suspects arrested in connection with weekend shooting
- Free Senior Orange Blossom 5K & Senior Health Expo
- Redlands Senior Services Division receives new shuttle bus
- Man arrested in connection with January downtown shooting
- Commission to consider solid waste rate adjustments April 17
- Man suspected of distributing child pornography arrested