City honors employees with Afternoon with the Stars
A dozen City employees and volunteers received special recognition at “An Afternoon with the Stars,” the City of Redlands fifth annual employee recognition held last month at the Civic Center.
The City’s Human Resources Department and a committee made up of employees from various City departments planned the event, which for the past three years has been held at City Hall during most employees’ lunch hour. Local food vendors offered deep discounts, setting up a lunch time spread including submarine sandwiches, burritos, pizza, chicken, sushi, cupcakes and funnel cakes. Department directors and City Council members donned aprons and served food to the employees.
Other businesses donated dozens of prizes for a raffle giveaway.
During the awards ceremony, managers, fulltime and part-time employees and volunteers were recognized for providing service above and beyond their job descriptions. Award recipients were nominated by their peers and chosen by a committee whose members work for other agencies.
Managers/Employees of the Year include:
Employee of the Year
- Administrative: Debbie Butler (Finance Department)
- Technical and Professional: Tom Resh (Department of Innovation and Technology)
- Safety: Sgt. Ricky Smith (Police)
- Field: Ron Mosely (Municipal Utilities and Engineering)
- Part-time: Taylor Shuey (Police)
Manager of the Year:
- Administrative: Chris Diggs (Municipal Utilities and Engineering)
- Safety: Lt. Travis Martinez (Police)
- Technical and Professional: Howard Pearce (Department of Innovation and Technology)
Volunteers of the Year:
- Administrative: Victoria Lmuth (Fire Department)
- Technical and Professional: Edith Miller (Library)
- Safety: Rudy Lozano (Police)
- Field: Ian Ferreri (Municipal Utilities and Engineering)
Companies that provided food or donated prizes include:
Golden State Concessions
Muffin Top Bakery
VIP Auto Detailing
International Day Spa
Country Inn & Suites
Redlands Diamond District
State Street Winery
Redlands Guitar Shop
Allure Salon & Beauty Center
Redlands Cyclery USA
á la minute
Toyota of Redlands
The Old Spaghetti Factory
PHOTO CAPTION: A.K. Smiley Public Library Director Larry Burgess serves up pizza to Redlands Police Detective Andy Capps during the City’s employee appreciation event last month.