What do volunteers do?
How are participants acknowledged and recognized?
What is the adoption process?
The Redlands Adopt-A-Street program is similar to Caltrans Adopt-A-Highway program familiar to drivers on California freeways. It enables interested groups to adopt a section of the city\'s streets. In return for completing scheduled clean-ups and clean-up reports for that section of street four times a year, the groups are recognized with signage located along their designated street sections, indicating the group\'s title that has adopted the street. The program enables community and civic organizations, private businesses and churches to participate directly in enhancing the overall appearance of the city.
Volunteers make a commitment to remove litter along the road edge of pre-designated sections of city streets for a minimum of four times per year for a one- to two-year period. Volunteers are encouraged to monitor conditions on their section of the street and report any problems to city staff members for follow up. There is no cost to participants associated with the program; the City provides all necessary supplies.
1. Contact Danielle Garcia, the Adopt-A-Street coordinator, in the Quality of Life Department at (909) 798-7655.
2. Review the Safety guidelines below:
Obtain, sign and return the Adopt-A-Street Program Agreement and Volunteer Waiver of Liability forms:
3. Completed forms are reviewed by Quality of Life staff and processed.
4. Once an Adopt-A-Street proposal is approved, the Adopt-A-Street coordinator will schedule a time for the group to pick up their supplies for each volununteer. This includes: trash bags, safety vests, and sturdy gloves. The Adopt-A-Street coordinator will continue to work with the adopting organization\'s lead contact person.
5. Following each cleanup event, adopting organizations will contact the Adopt-A-Street coordinator via e-mail or phone to send notification as to where the bags of collected trash are located. Please allow sufficient time for notification, as City Hall is closed Fridays. If you\'re event is scheduled for Thursday or Friday or on the weekend, please note that the earliest that trash will be collected is Monday or Tuesday unless there is a holiday that falls on a Monday, in which case, the trash may not be collected until Tuesday or Wednesday.
6. Following each cleanup event the group\'s contact person will submit a cleanup report detailing the date and location of cleanup, number of volunteer hours and number of trash bags collected and a location for pickup.
7. Continually check our website for updates. A BIG thanks to you from all of us at the City!!!